4/9/14

Adventures and More Adventures! (Days 5-8)

Oh man oh man. These past 4 days have been absolutely amazing.

So much so, that I haven't wanted to slow down and write a blog post. The thought of opening up my laptop to do anything not involving my next adventure just felt like a waste of time.

Let's start with this past weekend:

I met up with a friend, Kendra Hughes, who I had met over Instagram. We instantly became friends, and seeing her was a large driving factor when I was planning my trip south.

We started by camping on the edge of a cliff overlooking Sedona... it was called the End of the World. And it certainly looked like it, too. Waking up to a sunrise illuminating an entire valley full of large red rock formations and green green trees was absolutely unbelievable.

It was amazing........
                                          and cold.

I couldn't take my van back to the spot we were at, due to it's low-ish clearance. So, Trevor and I shivered all through the evening. And it was one of those mornings where a fire was necessary, not just a fun thing to have. It was like, "Whoo! Let's get this friggen fire started!!"









After this, we went to a place called Preist's Draw just outside of Flagstaff, which was also beauuuutiful.... and cold. 

We started exploring around the area and it started snowing huge, fluffy flakes. It was magical! 











And this, sadly, is where we parted ways. 
Kendra is such a genuine soul. Free-spirited, wild, calm, crazy, and cool. So glad to be able to call her a friend. Our souls just fit together so easily. And I was so so stoked to be able to meet Jordan (Kendra's boyfriend), who was one of the happiest, coolest dudes I've ever met! Always a smile on his face, and always putting a smile on mine. 

Can't wait for the adventures the future holds! 


From here, I went north to Lake Powell and enjoyed every minute of it. I had a lazy day just enjoying solitude and a beautiful lake. Of course, when I'm near a body of water, I HAVE to jump in it. I don't care how cold, or dirty, or shallow, or deep. I can guarantee you that I will jump in it. So I did. And it was cold.
So cold.
But it was so fun.










After Lake Powell, my plan was to hit up Moab for a few days and then heading home. But I woke up that morning and thought, "You know, Zion sounds rather nice. Let's go to Zion before going to Moab." So here I am. Sitting outside a cute little cafe just at the base of Zion. Trevor laying on my feet, a yummy coffee in my hands, and tiny little birds chirping around me. It doesn't get much better than this.

I stayed at the greatest campsite last night. It was inside this beautiful red canyon, under a sprawling shade tree and right next to a creek. Ugh, it was gorgeous. It was also warm. The kind of warm where a breeze brings a smile to your face and a fire is for fun, rather than a necessity. I pitched a tent, made a yummy burrito with rice, beans, and some fresh avocado and drank a nice beverage around the fire. Someone was strumming a guitar in the distance and the sound of the creek was singing a beautiful tune. 

Driving through the breathtaking Zion National Park







Now, I'm headed north. Slowing making my way back home. Until next time!



Aloha ke akua.

-Dai

No comments:

Post a Comment