4/2/14

Day 1... and Part of Day 2

Yesterday I began my adventure.

An adventure involving my van, my dog, and a crazy amount of dried food and power bars.
(No, seriously. I think I overprepared. There's enough to feed a third world country in there...)

Anyhoo, my first stop was Telluride, Colorado where I have some really cool family that lives in the area. It was a bit of a drive on the first day, 6 hours or so. It was a very long karaoke session.
(Sorry, Trevor.) And since I drove straight through, I don't have many adventures to share. But some of my roadside breaks were in really, incredibly scenic areas. The entire drive was incredibly scenic. I was not the most attentive driver... well I was attentive... just not on the driving. More attentive of the beautiful, majestic mountains that surrounded me.

Here are a few photos of my drive to Telluride:










 Upon arriving in Telluride I met up with my super cool family members in the area and they so graciously made me feel right at home. A homemade Thai dinner and a nice plush place for Trevor and I to sleep.



The next morning, they made me a warm breakfast and coffee and took me on a tour of the area. We hiked around and explored cool bouldering spots and caves just above the town of Telluride.
Fun fun times with fun fun people.

Mahalo to the Coopers for having me!






Aloha ke akua.

-Dai

No comments:

Post a Comment